Friday 23 August 2013

My Second Tinder Date

Tinder Date Number 2 - End of July 2013


So I didn’t tell the whole truth to this one, I said to him that my mum had added him, as it’s a great way to start conversation but in this case, she definitely did not.  To be completely honest, I don’t even know why I did.  He looked like an arrogant arse from his what looked like professional model photos, but being a complete girl and single, he did look quite dishy so I decided to swipe right.

We spoke solidly for 3 days. #tinderrelationship #weird although alarm bells should have rang about our differences when he called me a 'posh girl' for referring to my supper instead of dinner. 

It got to Wednesday evening and it was crunch time, I either said yes to a drink with him or stopped messaging him, there is only so much conversation you can have with someone you have never met.

I arrived to meet him, and sure enough, similar to Number 1 as I approached he got smaller and smaller. Really?! AGAIN??
Where are all the 6’1”+ men in this world?
#notontinder



but I was there, he had seen me and recognised me - there was no escaping.

So we sat and had our drinks by the river and he literally didn’t shut up.  I started to experience motion sickness from all the jumping around in his seat and his impulsive gestures.

The writing was on the wall- the boy was either super nervous, or had ADHD.

Again, on Tinder paper he came across as a potential suitor, a Chartered Accountant for one of the top firms in London, 29 years old, although he behaved like a 15 year old, and a model, good looking until he opened his mouth. #geezer

So of all the cultural things he could have spoken about, I was not expecting his first topic of conversation. 

He starts to tell me about his past and casually drops is that he has a criminal record... FML you have to be kidding me? 

but it gets better....not just one, nooooo no, not one...but THREE. He had only gone and got a hat-trick in the British legal system. 

 #whatwouldmymumsay?!?


Surprisingly it wasn't the aggravated burglary or assault charges that put me off, it was the fact that after a solid hour of talking about himself he had made absolutely no effort to find out anything about me and then had the audacity to turn round and say

“You ask a lot of questions, I don’t even know your name.”

Tactful he was not which was probably also why he had been caught...three times over. #idiot 

Granted he meant my surname but nevertheless I politely declined a second drink, and hot footed it home.  I got a message saying lovely to meet you, wish I could have said the same, and have a great weekend, and then a follow up message the next week.  

For someone who was meant to have an intelligent reformed head on his shoulders, I don’t think he quite got it.  Eventually after a few non-replies it must have clicked. I received a message saying  “Have you blocked me yet?” admittedly it did make me smile, so I replied with a simple “Not yet.” Well I couldn't block him now could I!!! Because he would know! Not to mention he lived close by AND was a former criminal. So I just left him in my matches to stew....
                                                                                                            
Funny thing is 6 weeks on I just went into my Tinder to remind myself of some of his ridiculous comments, and the geezer has blocked me!! 

I did chuckle though...that’ll teach me.

#Tasteofmyownmedicine

Follow me on twitter for updates  @shivermetinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.