Thursday 22 August 2013

A Mother's Touch...

It wasn't until about 2 months on when I went home with a friend one weekend in July that Tinder really kicked off in my life.


Relaxing in the garden with my Mother and a glass of vino on a beautiful Summers day, as always, the topic of dating comes up, or rather the lack of its existence in our lives. 

My single friend started to mention that she had been chatting to a few guys on Tinder but never had the courage to go on dates with any of them.  Perplexed by what we were talking about, we start to explain about this new dating app craze.  Intrigued by its prospects Mum asked to have a look, and so after two months, I re-opened the app on my iphone.

2 hours on my Mother still had a tight grip on my phone, having the time of her life sifting through the copious amounts of available men and getting matches.  Lucky for me she has good taste, so I basked in the sunshine whilst listening to her rejoicing every time she got me a match.  

Half way through I pulled up a chair and joined her, occasionally sending out messages to my matches, and awaiting response.  I think it is important to have a strong opening message, no-one wants a "Hi, how are you?", that is going to get you no where.  I decided I had nothing to lose in telling these men my Mum had chosen them on Tinder, and to ask them how they felt about that.


First message...

"Just browsing Tinder with my Mum and she gave you a tick..."

First response....

"Your Mum likes a bit of milk chocolate does she?"


I mean WHAT is wrong with these people!? Although he had all three of us rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter, there was no disputing, this guy deserved to be blocked.

My Dad appeared at one point to see what all the racket was about, under the initial impression that Mum was looking for a toy boy, only to be told that she was trying to choose their future Son-in-Law as they had no say in their other one #awkwardtopic. It was official, Mum was having a hoot, and seemingly not phased by the single lady chaos that was unfolding around him, Dad disappeared back inside.

The day carried on, as did my matches, and responses started rolling in from those who seemed to be enjoying our opening line...and conversations started to flow. 

...and so with my Mother's touch, my Tinder dating began.

Follow me on twitter for updates  @shivermetinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.