Thursday 22 August 2013

How it all began...

Not being a fan of online dating, on the pretense that it is far too long winded and the sites seemed to be flooded with men who you wouldn't want to date in a million years, the prospect of Tinder was an interesting one.  It appealed because there isn't 12 pages of interests and hobbies to fill in nor a premium to pay, only to be bombarded with messages from men who definitely have not, and will not ever feature in your dreams.



When a friend mentioned Tinder, I thought there was no harm in downloading it.  So one evening after work I start scrolling through the potential suitors. Initially it is quite exciting, but after a while I started to become jaded, the ratio of No:Yes swipes was about 90:10.  Nevertheless persevere I did, after all none of us want to be single forever.  And there you have it, perseverance pays off, I swipe right and got a match, great my first match! Not to seem keen I let the match sit and continue to sift through the masses of single men who apparently reside in SW London.  Who knew there were so many single men in such close proximity, and if that really was the case, why was I sitting in my living room trying to meet them?  The reality of it seemed ridiculous but I am not one to argue with the laws of physics.


I had a few conversations, nothing enthusing or inspiring, and the app really didn't grow on me…until one day a message popped up from a new match. Expecting a witty opening line, or maybe just a casual “Hi.” I waited for the message to load.  I actually couldn't believe my eyes when it opened. Plain and simple, all the message said was “Big Teeth".

I was shocked, was there really a sad single man out there who solely swiped right to tell me that I have large nashers?*

*I would like to point out that until now I wasn't aware my teeth were any bigger than your average. 

Needless to say, like any girl would, I scrolled over my five profile pictures for a few minutes trying to decipher if I needed to reevaluate my selection, and perhaps choose some others where I don’t resemble the Mad Hatter's Cheshire cat.



Sod that.  I decided I was not going to be disheartened by a small dose of cyber bullying on a dating website, so did the mature thing, blocked the tosser and deleted the app.

Follow me on twitter for updates  @shivermetinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.