Friday 23 August 2013

My First Tinder Date

Tinder Date Number 1 - Mid July 2013

This was one of the initial guys I began conversing with on Tinder thanks to my Mum.  His credentials and looks weren’t exactly what I was looking for, only to be described as soft but he was a nice enough guy and seemed to have some good conversation. I hadn’t had much luck in the dating world so I told myself to suck it up and not be so fussy. 

Tinder date number 1 was a 30 year old #goodage, police detective #makesmenervous, who resided in a good borough of London #homeowner.  We had been chatting for three days before he asked me for a drink and it wasn’t the most convenient timing as I was off to a festival the next day but I needed to meet him sooner rather than later as I didn’t want to waste my time talking to someone who I have absolutely no future with. #harshbuttrue


 …and as my very wise female single colleague says


A Girls Gotta Drink.


So I packed my bags for camping and agreed to meet him at 9.00pm once I had finished sorting myself out.  All credit to the guy he came all the way to SW to meet me, worked this in my favour, and greeted me with a G&T.  As I approached him he stood up and I realised it wasn’t going to work, he was smaller than me wearing wedges #neveragoodthing.  Nevertheless height isn’t everything #itistome and we went outside and grabbed a table.  It was at this point I clocked he was wearing an un-tucked shirt.

Now this isn’t necessarily a faux pa, however when it looks like a type of work shirt that should be tucked in, and your date looks like he got half dressed then stopped, you’ve got a problem.



I must say it wasn’t awkward, he was a really nice guy, but he was just a bit ‘soft’. I have grown up with very manly men in my life, and my dad is a large gentleman with a big presence and an equally as big deep voice to match.  A meat and potatoes kind of man if you will. Number 1 was none of those things. I can’t tell you if he liked meat and potatoes but I can tell you that he was a small build, had vocals of a pre pubescent lad and the mannerisms of someone who could potentially be struggling with their sexuality.  My family would eat him alive.

The date continued, round 1 finished and he asked me if I would like another drink.  Being polite, I offered to get this round, and to my dismay the boy didn’t even put up a fight! When I asked if we should get a glass or a bottle, I was routing for a glass and a swift exit, he chose a bottle…! Shouldn’t have opened by big polite mouth. Granted a girls gotta drink, and on this date I definitely needed to, but that cemented it for me, this guy was a wet fish.



The pub closed, we parted ways and I thanked him for his company.  He messaged me shortly after and I kept it polite and replied intermittently, but I just didn’t have the heart to block him.  After all, he hadn’t really done anything wrong.  After a few messages past I got a message saying:



I thought he would have got the hint. How could I not reply to that? I am not a mean person and bless him for trying but there not a punchy bone in his body, so I made my excuses as seen above.

Now if someone said that to me I would get the hint they were not interested.  Everyone knows if you really like someone, despite what you have planned, you would make time for them. 

Apparently he had never got this memo, and as luck would have it or not, he wasn’t really free until two weeks time either #justmyluck. This time I was mean, I hate to admit it, but I just didn’t reply...I didn’t know what to say.



I don’t think I ask for too much, but I do want a man who grabs the bull by the horns...not a man that looks like he arranges flowers on his weekend.


Follow me on twitter for updates  @shivermetinder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.